Re: [SLE] Module autoloading
  • From: Juergen Braukmann <juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 11:11:35 +0100
Oscar Arturo Ross Gurrola schrieb:

> El Sáb 02 Feb 2002 18:38, escribiste:
> > oross@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > >then running depmod -a, but it doesn't work. And I have no idea how to set
> > >modules.conf for automatic loading of the i2c-core, i2c-isa, i2c-proc and
> > >w83781d modules for my Winbond sensor chip.
> >
> > I don't know about doing it with module.conf, but you can add the
> > appropriate modprobe to boot.local for automatic loading at boot.
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm doing it like that so far... but that's
> not loading on demand.... it's loading wether you use the module or not. I'd
> like to set it up so that when ... say ... xmame checks my /dev/js0 file, the
> necesary modules get loaded... same thing with gkrellm, when it reads my
> sensor file, the appropiate modules get loaded.
>
> Any ideas?

Well, I think that's what /etc/modules.conf is good for. There must be
either a Block-major-something or char-major-something associated with
/dev/js0.

From /usr/src/linuc/Documentation/devices.txt:
13 char Input core
0 = /dev/input/js0 First joystick
1 = /dev/input/js1 Second joystick
[...]
15 char Joystick
0 = /dev/js0 First analog joystick
1 = /dev/js1 Second analog joystick

So the device is char-major-15 or char-major-13

so your entry could be

alias char-major-15 <your module name withot .o>

Sadly, I am not to good on this things and might be entirely wrong.

Juergen

--
Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@xxxxxx| -o)/ / (_)__ __ ____ __

< Previous Next >