Netiquette - was: Geneology software for Linux
  • From: James Mohr <suse_mailing_list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:37:56 +0100
Hi All!

I got a private reply to this and I was just wondering if other people expect
more that answers like:

Try a google search on "genealogy linux"

If answers like are acceptable, then 90% of the posts to this list could be
answered with "RTFM" or "RTFHT" (Read the F..... HowTo).

Granted, I might have been a little terse and could have listed all of the
features that I was looking for, the software I have seen and what I didn't
like, and then explicitely asked for opinions. However, I **assumed** that
most people are smart enough to figure out what is being asked without having
to write a novel. (granted I could have made sure everything was spelled
correctly in my original post, but flaming people for spelling mistakes is
already a violation of netiquette.)

Was I really expecting too much?

Regards,

jimmo