Module autoloading
  • From: oross@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 14:33:18 -0600
I know this has probably asked a million times before... still, after reading
docs and all, I'm confused by all the options one can use in modules.conf

I'm using SuSE Pro 7.2 in Spanish. I can succesfully use my Microsoft USB
Sidewinder Precision Joystick, but I have to manually load the appropiate
modules. The same thing with my Winbond sensor chip. I'd like this to happen
automatically when the correspondign /dev files are accesed.

I tried with
alias char-major-13 input
below input joydev sidewinder

then running depmod -a, but it doesn't work. And I have no idea how to set
modules.conf for automatic loading of the i2c-core, i2c-isa, i2c-proc and
w83781d modules for my Winbond sensor chip.

Can someone lend a hand here?

Thanks.

Oscar Ross

< Previous Next >