Hi all - new user
  • From: Isen Kusima <cycnus@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 18:50:58 +0700
Hi all,

This is my first post to this list that were sent with KMail. I used
SuSE 7.1 before, and can't sent e-mail to this list, and only once sent
it through web-mail.

I want to introduce my self to this list. My first experience with
Linux is Red Hat Linux 6.2. At that time I bought a Red Hat Tip Server
books by George M. Doss. I install it (on the same HD/computer) more
than 6 times, trying every combination. I use it for about 1 week full
time (not dual boot), and change back to BeOS.

After that, my second try with Linux is SuSE 7.1. I don't remember when
it is, but I believe it's around march 2001. I bought it because my
favorite OS is dead. I install it, and played with it for 1 week
without dual boot, then decide to let SuSE in my HD. Since then, I use
BeOS 75%, SuSE 25%. And the percentage move toward SuSE.

In October, after getting more used to SuSE, I finnally dump BeOS, and
using SuSE 100%. I joined several SuSE & KDE mailing list, but can't
send any e-mail to the list. I want to upgrade to new KMail to be able
to comunicate with fellow Linux user, but I already order the SuSE 7.3,
and don't want to strugle with 7.1.

Anyway,
I just installed my 7.3 last year. well, 2001 is last year ;).
and I'm VERY HAPPY with it. It's great. The improvement over 7.1 is
fantastic. I think if I can compare it to MS windows, the improvement
of 7.1 to 7.3 is like win95 to win98. The different is SuSE did it in
less than 3 years ;).
Good Job. And you guys deserve my money.

bellow is my journey before I land in SuSE.

-------------------

My first OS is DOS 2.0. I don't really care about OS at that time, and
just use it.

After Windows 3.x come out, I bought a 486DX2-66 pre-loaded with it.
That's the time I'm more aware of OS. I read PC Magazine & Byte and
decide to buy OS/2 Warp 4 in early 1995. I use it until october, then
bought new computer pre-loaded with Windows 95. I dual boot the windows
& OS/2.

Although I like OS/2 more than Windows95, I can't find enough resource
to make me using it more and more. And that time it's also the time
that I play a lot of computer games. So I ditch OS/2.

In 1998 I saw an article about dual celeron project that lead me to
BeOS. I bought BeOS & love it.... and ditch Windows. Unfortunately, Be
Incorporated went bankrupt & can't support BeOS anymore. So, I must
find replacement OS, because If I want to upgrade (say to Pentium4) in
the future or using new hardware, I can't use BeOS anymore. Since it's
not supported & no driver for it.

So, here I am. Although I still miss several BeOS feature such as the
fast & responsive GUI, I think Linux is very great. It's improvement
rate is very fast.

Anyway,
I am a proud user of SuSE 7.3 Proffesional.

Best,

< Previous Next >