Re: [SLE] Possible Fix for Konq Browser SSL problems?

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Robert C. Paulsen Jr. wrote:
> At first, when I clicked "Yes" to these messages I would not be able
> to connect to the site. I got past this by making a configuration
> change in Konqueror:
>
> Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> Crypto -> SSL
> Then press "Most Compatible

If you select this option is lowers the encryption to an easily crackable
level. Most banks use at least 128 bit encryption, however once the Most
Compatible option is selected, it appears that the strongest encryption
available to konqueor is 56 bit.

It is probably better to continue having to select continue/yes and use
the stronger encryption, then use this weaker encryption system

Adam

< Previous Next >