Possible Fix for Konq Browser SSL problems?
  • From: "Robert C. Paulsen Jr." <paulsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 12:17:31 -0600
I have seen several posts from people having problems with secure
web sites with the new KDE 2.2.2.

I to am having trouble connecting to a secure banking site, but I
think I might be past the problem others are seeing.

I do get pop-up messages like this:
"The certificate is valid but does not appear to have been signed
to this server. Do you wish to continue loading?"

At first, when I clicked "Yes" to these messages I would not be able
to connect to the site. I got past this by making a configuration
change in Konqueror:

Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> Crypto -> SSL
Then press "Most Compatible

This allowed me to connect to the site. Unfortunately, the site
uses Java which is not working for me in Konqueror. I see "Loading
Applet" and nothing more. I do have Java enabled and have set the
path to point to the Java executable. The path is

/usr/lib/java/bin/java

Executing the above shows

java version "1.1.8"

Robert Paulsen paulsen@xxxxxxxxx