Re: [SLE] SOLVED! SBLive sound oddities
  • From: "Joshua Trutwin" <Joshua.Trutwin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 13:30:50 -0600
I finally have what I hope is full sound capabilities on my SBLive 5.1 Platinum

Here is what I did:

Compiled Mantel's kernel 2.4.16 using the 2.4.10 SuSE kernel's config. In the sound section, compiled with sound support as a module, the emu10k module, midi module, and oss support module and all other sound cards set to "N".

Removed /etc/init.d/rc*.d/*alsa*

Editted /etc/modules.conf to use the emu10k1 module instead of alsa's snd-card-emu10k1.

Not sure why alsa was giving me such a hard time. I have read that the Alsa 0.9.9 series does not jive too well with KDE 2 and will be supported fully in KDE 3, but that does not explain why the 0.5 drivers shipped with SuSE did not work. I may try to play around some more, but for now, I am just glad to have sound.

Josh