Re installing firewall
  • From: David <dg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:38:43 +0000
I have been having problems getting a firewall addition to work (Firestarter).
I thought that I would start afresh and did a search for Firestarter and
removed all found directories and files.

On re installing it I could not get it to work properly. Took it out again and
checked the basic Suse Firewall 2 which does not seem to be working. Shields Up
shows port 139 wide open.
I then took out Suse f/w 1 & 2, put them back. No difference. Took them out
again, also iptables, ipchains. Put them all back. Still no difference. I did
reboot between these to make sure.
I notice that if in rc-config I put fw=yes, then on the boot up log, I see
firewall stage 1 of 3 ok, stage 2 of 3 failed.

The only alternative I can think of is to re install Suse 7.2 again.

Any one got any ideas please, before I have to commit to this again.

Regards,

David