Re: [SLE] upgrade from 7.2 to 7.3 never works?
  • From: Keith Winston <lessthan0_98@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 16:02:33 -0800 (PST)
I upgraded from 7.2 personal to 7.3 pro and the upgrade worked
fine. However...there are some advantages to backing up your
data and doing a clean install, which I eventually did. One big
thing is that if you have an IDE CD-RW, 7.3 will automatically
set it up using the ide-scsi module so it is ready to burn. If
you upgrade, it will leave it as an IDE device and you will have
to set it up manually. So even though it works, I would
recommend doing the clean install.

Keith

--- Joshua Lee <edlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm thinking of upgrading my 7.2 Personal to 7.3 Pro, but
> would like
> to do an upgrade rather than a complete reinstall. I've heard
> this
> doesn't work, has anyone out there experienced a smooth
> upgrade;
> or is starting over a neccesity?
>
> --
> suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
> archives at http://lists.suse.com

=====
LPIC-1
N+
MCSE

The difference between Linux and Microsoft is the difference
between trust and anti-trust.