Seti connection failure
  • From: Pete Atkinson <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 10:45:05 +0000
I'm wondering whether anybody can help me ?

I have two main PC's, a 98 machine for the kids and games, and my 7.3
machine, which I use on a day to day basis. Both of which run Seti
continuosly....

My connection to the internet is via an old 486 that I have which runs
FREESCO. All the machines are connected via a hub.

The problem I have is that whilst the 98 machine will connect first time on
completion of a work-unit, the SuSE box will fail with a gethostbyname
message - resource not available message. Freesco then drops the connection
until the next hourly attempt and the same thing happens.
I have to stop Seti, start it, to initiate a connection, when it fails,
restart Seti and as Freesco is now established, Seti will download the unit
and its business as usual.

I'm told that there is nothing I can do in Seti, is there a way round this ?

many thanks

Pete

  • No further messages