Re: [SLE] VMware Express.
  • From: Dwight Johnson <dwj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 21:05:19 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Erik Jakobsen wrote:

> Helgi Örn wrote:
> >
> > VmWare always runs processes in the background, you probably have to kill of
> > off those. You can do this with the KDE System Guard program, you'll find it
> > in the SuSE work menu and in the System --> Info menu. You can look up the
> > VmWare processes klick on all of them and Kill.
>

> Thank you for your reply. I cannot see VMware under the 'Process'
>
> Where do I have to look ??.

vmware starts a number of processes with different names that run in the background
to support the main vmware process when you run it. These vmware support processes
are also set to start up every time you boot.

Here's a quick an dirty way to do it with a reboot:

First, exit KDE; then, from a root console:

# rm /etc/init.d/vmware
# shutdown -r now
# rpm -e VMware

Since the script the starts the support processes has been removed, they will
not be running after the reboot.

Good luck,
Dwight