bttv problem
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 20:33:33 +0700
Since I have installed my Video card (Haupage bt848) on my Pentium II, 400mHz
running an out of the box SuSe 7.2 I am struggling with this card.
As far as I can find out the card is recognized and installed according to
the instructions from the manual.
Yesterday I was finally able to find the ten channels that I have on the
television but only the sound part. The small monitor from Xawtv remains
black or sometimes shows some colored bands.
In my Xconsole I get following info which I think points to the problem I am
having. If I could only decipher what is meant by these lines. I have picked
only two lines of the masses that I get when I run Xawtv. By the way, KwinTV
does not even get sound ;-(.
Following lines are giberlish for me. Could somebody shed light into its
meaning?

Nov 24 20:20:26 big_one kernel: bttv0: irq: SCERR risc_count=058c4808
Nov 24 20:20:26 big_one kernel: bttv0: aiee: error loops

Via Google I have learned that I have something as a kernel panic, which also
does not help at finding a solution. I run KDE2 on my system, the videocard
is from the S3 Virge DX family.