Soyo Dragon + w/ Promise IDE
Greetings,

I recently have purchased the Soyo Dragon Plus motherboard with the Promise
IDE Raid Controller.

I have 2 unsimiliar hard drives so I am not running it as Raid. However I am
running my drives under the promise ide controller as standard ide. In other
words I am running my drives on controllers 3 and 4 and my cdrom drives
under 1 and 2 (I was told this was the best way to do it to support Ultra
ATA 100 for my drives)

I have SuSE 7.2 and Windows XP.

I have Windows XP on my primary drive and am attempting to put SuSE 7.2 on
the second drive.

I can install SuSE no problem and place the Lilo boot manager on the primary
ide MBR.

But when I reboot I get the dreaded LI.... of nothing.

Any ideas? Need more info to help me...let me know.

Thanks

Brian D.

  • No further messages