Re: [SLE] Java error
  • From: David Garnier <david.garnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 23:10:34 +0100
Le Mardi 13 Novembre 2001 22:49, James Bliss a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> I hope this is rather simple, but I am getting a strange error in code. I
> have two classes, one calls the other to return a string. It is very
> simple code:
>
> public class returnList
> {
> public String[] returnList()
> {
> String lStr = "hello";
> String [] lRetStr = new String[1];
> lRetStr[0] = lStr;
> return lRetStr;
> }
>
> }
I'm really surprised that this compiles under Windows.
Your constructor (returnList()) shouldn't return anything. It should be:
public returnList()

I bet you should create an empty constructor :
public returnList(){}
and put you code inside a method:

public String[] getList()
{
String lStr = "hello";
String [] lRetStr = new String[1];
lRetStr[0] = lStr;
return lRetStr;
}

> AND
>
> //import java.sql.*;
> //import org.gjt.mm.mysql.*;
>
> public class test_db
> {
> public static void main(String[] Args)
> {
> returnList lList = new returnList();
> String lStr[] = lList.returnList();
> System.out.println(lStr[0]);
> }
> }

I think this is fine, altough I'm not used to work with arrays.