Re: [SLE] switching between virtual consoles
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:37:39 +0100
On Tuesday 06 November 2001 07.23, Jyry Kuukkanen wrote:
> Magic!
>
> But what if I want to have another login screen, like the on on tty7, but
> also at tty8?
>
> How could I do that?

Edit the file /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers. You'll find a line

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 vt07

You can just add one like

:1 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :1 vt08

and theoretically it should work. I just tried it, and it worked up to a
point, but after a short time my system crashed completely. I can't wait for
an update to XFree

> Cheers,
> --Jyry
>
> Chiquita: Tuemme "Puhdas elämä (suomalaiselle) lapselle"
> sekä "Paha elämä banaaninpoimijalle" kampanjoita

regards
Anders