Re: [SLE] Hot Modem
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 16:28:20 -0800
I would suggest getting an exteral modem. There are absolutely NO issues
with these under any OS. They are a bit more..but damn worth the lack of
headaches :) USR's 56k modem rocks...

* Karol Pietrzak (noodlez84@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) [011103 16:25]:
->On 3 Nov 2001, geno wrote:
->
->> I think the U.S. Robotics Performance Pro modem is the
->> fastest dial-up modem I have ever owned. It also appears to
->> be upgradeable to v.92.
->
->I will probably be buying a new modem soon, so I guess I can do
->my research a little early.
->
->Is this a PCI modem? That's crucial because most motherboards
->don't have any ISA slots anymore.
->
->Is this a hardware modem? It's needed for Linux compatibility.
->
->--
->Karol Pietrzak
->PGP KeyID: 3A1446A0
->
->--
->To unsubscribe send e-mail to suse-linux-e-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxx
->For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
->Also check the FAQ at http://www.suse.com/support/faq and the
->archives at http://lists.suse.com
->

Ben Rosenberg mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
"Technological progress is like an axe in the
hands of a pathological criminal" -AE