Modem madness
  • From: Erik Moreau <erik.moreau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 12:07:06 -0500
I'm very new to Linux. I've been getting plenty of help from a Linux guru already, but we've seemed to have met a barrier. I've got a GVC modem, that I've determined to be a "real modem", NOT a winmodem. I've done the setserial commands and the symbolic link. Yet minicom cannot init. the modem, and wvdial give me an I/O error. cat /proc/pci gives me the correct I/O but if I do cat /dev/ttyS* all devices have an I/O error!

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks in advance,

Erik