Re: [SLE] 2.4.14 VM fixes.
  • From: Lee O'Malley <tracerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 19:18:56 -0500
On Friday 02 November 2001 01:34 pm, Mads Martin Joergensen, went on
about:
> * Herman Knief <herman@xxxxxxxxx> [Nov 02. 2001 04:34]:
> > concept.. unfortunately, it doesn't work. I personally, much
> > prefer the model of 2.2.x, unfortunately I need some of the
> > features of 2.4, so
>
> The model Linus incorporated from Andrea Arcangeli resembles 2.2.x
> quite a lot, so run a kernel >= 2.4.12
--------------------------------
So Mantel and SuSE both use the Linus version of the kernel and not the
Alan Cox version? I understand the Linus version uses the newly
rewritten VM which fixes a lot of things, but I don't remember at which
kernel revision he started using it, seems like 2.4.10 and up is the
new fixed version of VM, is that right Mads?

Regards
O'Malley
--
---KMail 1.3.1--- SuSE Linux v7.2---