mass storage device for backup
  • From: Cliff Sarginson <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:02:53 +0200
Hello,
I am looking at the feasibility of various backup
devices for use with Linux. It would prefereably
work out of the box with Linux.

I have eliminated ZIP drives, they are ridiculously
over-priced (at least in Holland) and 250 MB is not
big enough.
I have CD/RW and could use that I suppose but it's
a bit of a fiddle.
Dat would be ok, but the devices are expensive,
although at tapes are cheap.
DLT woud be out of my price range, and way over-kill.

Any other ideas or devices ?
I have both spare SCSI and USB capacity on one of
my networked systems. And parallel port capacity on
all of them. I would rather not look at IDE devices
(this is more to do with what I do with my systems
than anything philosophical).

What capacity I hear you cry ! Say around 1gig+,
compressed.

And don't suggest LS120 :)

--
Regards