Re: [SLE] Installation Information, Please
  • From: Jon Biddell <jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 21:57:44 +1000

>It would help if we knew the specs of your laptop and what version you were
>planning to install.

It's an old IBM laptop which does not boot from a cdrom. I'm planning on installing 7.3
when it comes. How much space does the normal installation take?

Provided that the install disk can load a module that will allow it to look at the CD-ROM (in the case of SCSI), they you're OK.

Default (minimal) install WITHOUT StarOffice is about 350Mb - I'm installing Gnome / KDE2 and StarOffice 6.0 beta on my 2Gb and still have about 600Mb+ left.... Just don't install the sources unles you really REALLY need them.

Jon

< Previous Next >