Re: [SLE] Linux box behind SuSEFirewall2
Keith,

Thanks, that helped. Although I had been into that dialog box before to
configure the card, I had not considered the nameserver part. I had the
nameserver set to be dragoon. The trick was adding my ISP's nameservers as
well. Once I added them, the external connection came right up.

Unfortunately, this seems to have only worked that one time. The changes
were made while cardmgr had a temporary routing set up. So, when later I
booted up again, with the network PCMCIA card inserted, my attempts to ping
even internal machines are answered with a "network is unreachable" message.
I went back in and reconfigured using yast2 without the card installed, but
that doesn't seemed to have helped either. The network is still unreachable.

Obviously I have a number of questions, but I think chief among them is where
does cardmgr get its network routing information to set up the network when
the card is inserted? Does it have its own separate network configuration
files?

Cheers,
Sean

--
Theo. Sean Schulze theo.schulze@xxxxxxxxxx

"[T]he key to maintaining leadership in the economy and the technology that
are about to emerge is likely to be the social position of knowledge
professionals and social acceptance of their values." -- Peter Drucker