Re: [SLE] Modems & the internet
  • From: Darren Harmon <darren.harmon1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 10:06:44 +0100
Hi;
I had the exact same problem, but with Lineone (I also had this problem in
KDE in redhat 7 before I moved to SuSE 7.2).
Lineone explained that they use CHAP authentication, while most others use
PAP. Maybe its the same for freeserve.
It seams (to me) that YAST 2 sets up as PAP.
What I did was use YAST 1, go to system admin, network config, configure PPP
network, configure the current profile, and go to the (PAP/CHAP)
Authentication mode. Deselect the PAP/CHAP (choose any of the others) and
then reselect it. Save everything and exit.
Now with your YAST 1 configured connection you should be able to dial up and
stay connected.

Hope this helps.
--

Darren Harmon