Re: [SLE] Tribes2 (Was [SLE] 3D apps question)
  • From: Jesse Marlin <jesse.marlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 10:10:44 -0400
Derek Fountain writes:
> > Well I might try it. Right now the only reason I have been booting into
> > Win98 is to play this game. I have my GeForce3 working great in Linux
> > so it would just be a matter of ordering the game. Are there lack of any
> > features? I know that Sierra recently released a patch, does Loki keep up?
>
> Um, I've never played the Windows game (or any Windows game for that matter)
> so I wouldn't know if something was missing! I seem to remember seeing
> something somewhere saying that the microphone didn't work under Linux as
> yet, but I think that was all. I haven't tried anything microphoneish (I'm a
> real newbie at T2!) so I can't confirm that. Check out Loki's website, or ask
> their support people.
>
> And yes, a patch was put out recently for the Linux version.

Excellent. I have just ordered it, and will give a try. I am fairly new
to T2 as well, but it is extremely addictive. Have you tried any scripts
with it yet. I wonder if the compiled scripts are compatible? If you
are not sure what I am talking about go to:

http://www.tribalwar.com/sitecore/links.php

And look for tribes scripting. There are client and server mods. Client
mods can always be run, whereas server mods need support from the server
to work. The scripts simplify some things. I suggest the Panama Jack
suite of scripts.