Re: [SLE] US Robotics Sportster 56K-PCI and SuSE Linux
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 13:57:00 -0500
At 02:40 PM 10/1/2001 -0400, tleck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Since I'm updating my computer to a motherboard without
an ISA slot I need to know if the US Robotics Sportster
56K - PCI modem will work with SuSE 7.2 Linux. I've been
told that the one I'm planning on getting is NOT a winmodem.
I've searched various databases without a difinite answer.
Can anyone advise me on the mentioned modem.

Terry Eck
Hi Terry, can not say if that modem works are not but I have found thats it best to get an external modem an the you sure of it working. I have had problem with pci modems in the past an just fiannly broke down an bout an external modem. I know you pay more for one but it worth it when it comes to linux.

jack