[PASSWORDS]
  • From: Oliver Ob <ob_ok@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 02:08:05 +0200
This is half on-topic, half off-topic. What I need is this:

Have two NT4 machines here, lost my admin pw. Password has been
already transferred to a company server 800 kilometers away, so please
do not advise me to simple reset my admin pw and enter a new one.
Thanks.

I am trying with lopht and john the ripper but need the
following:

I do see that the password length is != the amount of characters
in the sam file, so:

Is there a linux (or at least dos) application, that can
estimate of the password LENGTH inside NT's SAM file?

And:
How do I know (under linux) how LONG my pw is? (etc/password)

this would be the same for nt, won*t it?

old mail was:

thanks for replying, michael, but this dot not answer my question
that I asked: how do I know how LONG my pw is, see I only see this
mish mash of ascii chars, furthermore the length is not accurate
the same as the original pwd. same on nt, isn't it`?

brgds
I http://www.bmw-roadster.de/Friends/Olli/olli.html I
I http://www.bmw-roadster.de/Friends/friends.html I