Re: [SLE] Print job queued, but can't start daemon
  • From: Lawrence Sayre <lsayre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:32:52 -0500
THOMAS ADAM wrote:

> > Output shows that ldp is running.
>
> Ok, try a simple test......
>
> create a short file of text, save it, and then try the
> following:
>
> cat ./name_of_file_with_text | lpr
>
> See if that works,
>
> Thomas Adam

Thomas & all,

I still get endless printed pages of odd character set output, so I
abandoned printing again after trying this (IE, I turned the printer off
again). However, there were no error messages reported when I piped the
cat output to the printer. Somehow I have to clear the que first, but I
can't seem to accomplish this.

Lawrence Sayre

"Man's mind is his basic tool of survival!"
(a quote from the famous 'John Galt' speech
in the equally famous book "Atlas Shrugged")