Re: [SLE] SuSE 7.0 and IBM ViaVoice TTS
On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 08:13:13AM +0100 or thereabouts, Tom Wesley wrote:
> Hi,

> After downlodaing and installing the IBM ViaVoice TTS Runtime Kit and
> Developers Kit I am unable to make any examples work. They seem to hang after
> initialising and then do nothing. I them ctrl+c the program and get on with
> some other work. After about 20mins (maybe more), my computer will suddenly
> come up with the mechanical "Hello world" or whatever, causing me to leap
> 10ft into the air.

> Anyway I can get this working. I did have it working on an old Mandrake
> installation, but have no idea what is different with the SuSE one?

Volker Kuhlmann has done an outstanding job of outlining and putting
together fixes, in a step by step format for problems that he
encountered while trying to install Mandrake's version of ViaVoice into
SuSE, not just the TTS portion, but the entire thing. His site maya be
helpful to you. I have both the IBM ViaVoice (which installs to just
about any distro) and the Mandrake version, and did not run into any
problems installing the Mandrake version into SuSE 7.2.

http://volker.orcon.net.nz/linux/viavoice.html
--
Best regards,
Gary

Today's thought: BREAKFAST.COM Halted - Cereal port not responding.