Re: [SLE] sax2 fails to start, just a blank screen
On Thu, 2001-09-27 at 05:52, Richard Booth wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running SuSE 7.2 pro with an AMD K6-2 300mhz and a G200 8mb Matrox
> graphics card. Installing using yast1 leaves you with Sax to configure X,
> however sax2 does not work when configuring xfree86 4. On starting Sax2 it
> detects the G200, asks if acceleration should be started, then goes to a
> black/blank screen, I then have to ctrl+alt+f1 to get back to the console to
> quit with ctrl+c.
>
> I have tried numerous combinations of starting sax2 with and without
> acceleration and I picked up somewhere to try with sax2 -q but no joy. I
> have tried suse support too, but I am still waiting for a reply.
>
> Anybody else have a similiar problem with a G200? Is it a case of manual
> editing xfree86 4 to get X working? If so does anyone have any example
> configs for the G200?
>
> Many thanks
> Richard

How long have you waited with the blank screen before you use
alt+ctrl+f1 ? On my machine it can take aobut 15 seconds before sax2
recovers after the screen blanks. This rather long blank period can be
disconcerting, but the card works well with SuSE.

--
Ralph Sanford - If your government does not trust you,
rsanford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - should you trust your government?

DH/DSS Key - 0x7A1BEA01