sax2 fails to start, just a blank screen
  • From: Richard Booth <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:52:01 +0100
Hi

I am running SuSE 7.2 pro with an AMD K6-2 300mhz and a G200 8mb Matrox
graphics card. Installing using yast1 leaves you with Sax to configure X,
however sax2 does not work when configuring xfree86 4. On starting Sax2 it
detects the G200, asks if acceleration should be started, then goes to a
black/blank screen, I then have to ctrl+alt+f1 to get back to the console to
quit with ctrl+c.

I have tried numerous combinations of starting sax2 with and without
acceleration and I picked up somewhere to try with sax2 -q but no joy. I
have tried suse support too, but I am still waiting for a reply.

Anybody else have a similiar problem with a G200? Is it a case of manual
editing xfree86 4 to get X working? If so does anyone have any example
configs for the G200?

Many thanks
Richard