Re: [SLE] Maybe premature but ... 7.3 ?
  • From: dids <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:57:05 +0000
I'm looking forward to 7.3
as hopefuly it will contain kde2.2.1 right out of the box and a later 2.4
kernel. That should mean an easy setup.

I feel quite guilty that I downloaded 7.2 for myself, but Im unable to work
at the moment and thus a little impoverished.

With 7.3 I am looking forward to swapping my partners machine over to a dual
boot Suse/W2k.

dids

> Last time I spoke to the SuSE massive, the word on the street was that
> the current provisional release date is around the end of October for
> 7.3
>
> Boxes would be expected to make it to the UK in early November.
>
> > I was wondering if anyone knows how close we are to the next SuSE
> > release. I am reluctant to buy 7.2 right now, since it has been around
> > for too long now to make it a worthwhile purchase. However, I am very
> > keen to buy the next version (7.3 or 8.0 ?), but am curious to know how
> > far off it is. I want to get my 6.3. 7.0 and 7.1 boxes all up to date,
> > but can't justify the outlay for 7.2 at this time.

< Previous Next >