Re: [SLE] XFree86 4.1.0 installed but not loading
On Sunday 09 September 2001 19:22, you wrote:
> (Third try at sending - eMail forwarding is a pain getting
> the return address correct for login in! )
>
> I have installed suse72 -> XFree86 4.1.0 as per the README,
> and most of the packages have changed, but my xmach64 Server
> is still the 3.3.6 version, and sax2 will not then run as it
> finds V3 running.
>
> How do I get it to change to the 4.1.0 version?
Hi there !
from the command line ctr+alt+1 ,2, etc
to get to terminal login
-log as the root
-command "init 2"
-command "sax2 -q"
rest is graphical sax2 easy to follow.
-after saving file restart x server and you are done.
Sax2 sets the symlinks correctly so you can use xfree 4.x.x
Have a fun
Alan