Re: [SLE] one user starting in KDE, others in text
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 22:39:45 +0700

See your point. But it would be nice if after given the username
and password the one user would automatically get the KDE desktop
without going via startx. Is that possible?

On Wednesday 05 September 2001 12:23 pm, Constant Brouerius van
Nidek wrote:
> Having set to start Suse 7.2 in text in root and for my own
username run
> level 3, I want to have another start in gui (run
level 5). As
> far as I remember that is possible but I cannot find the
place to let that
> happen.
> Could somebody help me out?

I don't think this is possible. The /etc/inittab file controls
the overall
run level of the system, and I don't believe that a single
system can have
more than 1 run level at once.

Good luck,
Steven

NTReader v0.35w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.

< Previous Next >