Re: [SLE] IDE CDRW installation...
Rafeal put up a make shift howto yesterday and that pretty much solved my
problem. The only thing beyond that was to make the dev sr0(formerly hdc)
and hdd with permission for user as myself and group as disk. Now I can run
KOnCD from my user account without any problems. I starts up all the time.
The howto at the website is essentially the same thing as was posted by
Rafeal. However, I did not make the the 2nd cdrom (hdd) ide-scsi, I just
kept it as generic. CD to CDR writing works fine.

Now, if I can just figure out how to get both/either drives to read audio cds
then I'm set. I can't mount audio cds - sends me a message the no file format
was indicated. And If I use XMMS or Noatun I can see it reading the CD and
can get a TOC but hear no sound. Tried to set the artswrapper to various
permissions but no luck. I would like to copy the audio cds to the HD so I
can pick various tracks for compilation on a CDR. Any Idea about this?

Cheers, Curtis

< Previous Next >