What is drm under XFree86?
  • From: Timothy Reaves <treaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:12:18 -0400
My X server keeps crashing, and it's more than a little annoying. It happens when I'm scrolling a window by click-and-holding on the scroll button and dragging it up-and-down, or when I move my mouse really fast. It happens more frequently the first way. It does not happen every time I do so.

The only thing that gets printed anywhere is in the console, and in messages:
double kernel: [drm:drm_release] *ERROR* Process 444 dead, freeing lock for context 1

Any advice? My setup is SuSE 7.1, XFree86 4.1.0, and a Voodoo3 AGP card. My windows manager is XFCe.

Thanks!