Re: [SLE] Linux newbie thoughts ....
  • From: James Oakley <joakley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:04:46 -0300

On June 15, 2001 10:27 am, dieter wrote:
> From Briggs, N. - Neil - to suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx about [SLE] Linux
newbie...:
> > Dear List members
> >
> > So SUSE 7.1 professional was purchased and installed on a HP vectra
> > machine. Installation was straight forward and connection to the network
> > a zip. Well straight forward, hmmm, the sound card is not configured, a
> > generic driver was automatically selected for the video card. I tried
> > install the correct driver for the g450 card. The driver didn't work. So
> > I cannot use the full functionality if the card:-(.
>
> Oh, and by the way, XFree86 4.1.0 adds support for your g450 card.

If you want 3d, don't bother. The latest SuSE X 4.0.3 works great for 3d on
the G450 but the 4.1.0 distribution doesn't have DRI support for it.

I installed it last night...

When you install it, *READ THE README FILE*! There is a specific command to
set up the G450 in there.

- --
James Oakley
Engineering - SolutionInc Ltd.