Re: [SLE] ISO Image,
  • From: dieter <dieter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:48:19 +0200 (CEST)

If you want a really exact copy of it, I recommend using dd. That way your
iso contains all the meta-data from the cd like the volume label (the
thing you see in windows as name of the cd), the publisher, the preparer,
You can also make the iso by mounting the cdrom and using mkisofs but then
you'll need some parameters. I guess there are also gui progs that do this
(xdroast?)

hth,

--
dieter