Re: [SLE] Latest nvidia drivers
  • From: Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:31:42 +0200
* Steven Hatfield <ashari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 07:21:04AM -0400)

>>> Yesterday, I installed the latest drivers from nvidia (1251), got the

>>> But when I log into X, log out, and try to go to a text console, by
>>> screen goes either blank of gets strange colors on it. I can't do
>>> anything but go back to X and reboot.

I sometimes cannot even get that far,
Ctrl-ALt-FX, and then nothing anymore.
Repeatable on 6 different (suse) boxes, with different flavours of NVidia
cards.
This is with both 0.967 and 1.0X, this didn;t happen with an earlier
version of their driver (not sure if 0.96 had this problem or not)

>>> I heard people on the list having this problem in the past, but I
>>> thought this was fixed from the 1.0 version?
Nope

>> There was a long thread about this within the last 2-5 days. The answer
>> is no but I'm sure that we would love to be proven wrong.

Yes,
although I foremost of all would want to get color indexed textures to work
again (they work fine in all the 0.X versions).

> This is definitely a bug, and we don't know where it comes from... maybe the
> driver, maybe KDM. Are you getting this behavior using the KDM login manager?

Yeah, with KDM, but I think even with startx I can get this to happen.

It's even worse of a geforce2go where a simple Xserver restart (which is
what happens after a kde-logout with KDE might hang your machine.

Kind regards,
--
Gerhard den Hollander Phone +31-10.280.1515
Global Technical Support Fax +31-10.280.1511

gdenhollander@xxxxxxxxxxxx POBox 1573
visit us at http://www.jasongeo.com 3000 BN Rotterdam
JASON.......#1 in Reservoir Characterization The Netherlands

This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.

< Previous Next >