Re: [SLE] [NEWS] When will SuSE have XFS support?
  • From: Mads Martin Jørgensen <mmj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 09:33:47 -0700
* Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx> [May 01. 2001 20:49]:
> * Mads Martin Jørgensen [Tue, 1 May 2001 17:01:37 -0700]:
> >BTW -- I've been running XFS as my root fs for 6 weeks now.
> And? Curious minds like to know ;-)

Well -- no bugs, crashes etc. Runs like a charm. It is on my laptop, so
wrt performance I cannot say anything. And logrecovery is really fast.
Seems to me as a good fs, and I'll not be surprised if it makes it into
the kernel pretty soon.

There's still some issues with it though; it is a port of the Irix XFS,
so it is not really finished yet. Haven't looked into 1.0 yet though.

Mads Martin Joergensen,
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic and
totally illogic, with just a little bit more effort."
-- A. P. J.