Re: [SLE] [NEWS] When will SuSE have XFS support?
  • From: Mads Martin Jørgensen <mmj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 09:33:47 -0700
* Philipp Thomas <pthomas@xxxxxxx> [May 01. 2001 20:49]:
> * Mads Martin Jørgensen [Tue, 1 May 2001 17:01:37 -0700]:
>
> >BTW -- I've been running XFS as my root fs for 6 weeks now.
>
> And? Curious minds like to know ;-)

Well -- no bugs, crashes etc. Runs like a charm. It is on my laptop, so
wrt performance I cannot say anything. And logrecovery is really fast.
Seems to me as a good fs, and I'll not be surprised if it makes it into
the kernel pretty soon.

There's still some issues with it though; it is a port of the Irix XFS,
so it is not really finished yet. Haven't looked into 1.0 yet though.

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic and