Re: [SLE] [NEWS] When will SuSE have XFS support?
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 08:07:42 -0700

I am not defending anyone or anything..I am not getting in the middle of
a filesystem holy war..but what Jon and others have said was/is that "SuSE" hasn't
tested it completely..meaning with the "SuSE Distribution". As others
have said, it appears to have a lot of RHcentric ..ummm.. issues such as
liking GCC 2.96.1. Going off on rants about what's tested..not tested
and who tested .. it is pointless. Until the SuSE guys are confident that
it works with what they put together..it most likely won't be include
yet.

Everyone just calm down...sheesh..

}=}Reiser test their product so I'm not going to knock them, but your claim that
}=}there has been been "no significant testing" of XFS on Linux is almost
}=}certainly way off.

--
Ben Rosenberg
mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx