Re: [SLE] [NEWS] When will SuSE have XFS support?
  • From: "Rafael E. Herrera" <raffo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 01:12:15 -0400
I just built it into my system using 2.4.3. I just tested by unpacking a
kernel source and building it in a newly creted xfs filesystem. It
"feels" as responsive as an ext2 or reiserfs, haven't pulled the plug to
see if the journal playback works.

For those willing to try it, you will have to edit the main Makefile and
change the one instance of "kgcc" to "gcc" (a redhat-ism). I had an
initial build problem, which someone suggested could be fixed by
http://www.tux.org/lkml/#s8-8. Remember to isntall the xfs utilities, so
you can create an fs.

--
Rafael