Re: [SLE] SuSE! What's up with the inconsistent src.rpms?
  • From: wilson@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jonathan Wilson)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:27:53 -0500
At 10:00 AM 4/27/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>* Jonathan Wilson [Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:13:43 -0500]:

1. I was wrong to post this in the first palce - that's nothing wrong with the RPM, it's for both apache and roxen

>First of all, could you in future please wrap your line at something
>less than 75 chars?

No, I could not. I do not like line wrapping because it messes up code examples very badly, and also on long topic-threads, line wrapping causes ugly formatting in the form of one-word and one-character lines that make things difficult to read. If you, or anyone, does not like long lines, you should find a mail reader that does the wrapping for you.

I makes much more sense for people who want line wrapping to find a reader that wraps rather then asking everyone on the net to wrap it before they send.

Sorry.

>It makes reading your mail much easier in some text
>mode mail readers and it's also standard netiquette.

Sorry again, but I think maybe you'd be happier with a reader that did wrapping for you.

>>I don't care who says what, SOMEONE labled the roxen mod_php4 srpm as the src.rpm
>>for mod_php4-4.0.4pl1-33.i386.rpm but it is obviously not the one SuSE used internally.
>
>Yes, it *is* the correct source rpm, rest asured.

Bingo.

>>ATTN SuSE: I need the real mod_php4-4.0.4pl1-33.src.rpm ,
>>could you please put it up really soon,
>
>Please note that your chances of reaching SuSE are much higher when
>sending a mail to feedback@xxxxxxxx There are only a few employees on
>this list and all of them don't get paid for participating here.

True. I was just complaining - bad me :-O

>And you've already got the right src.rpm ;-)

Yup.

>>or else explain to me why the current one says it's for the Roxen
>>web server?
>
>Slight error of our internal maintainer. I'll see to it tomorrow.

Well I'm not so sure there is anything wrong with it after all, is there?

>Philipp

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator

Central Texas IT http://www.centraltexasit.com