Re: [SLE] Support vs Support (Was: [SLE] util-linux and Kernel 2.4.3)
  • From: "Konstantin (Kastus) Shchuka" <kastus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:03:49 -0700
SuSE support covers unmodified kernels shipped with the box. 2.4.3 kernel
has not been shipped with 7.1, AFAIK.

SuSE support does not cover self-compiled kernels. I may not like it,
you may not like, but this is the fact stated in SuSE support policy.
This is what they mean by 90-days support. You change the kernel -
you go on your own. If you don't like it - don't buy it. I think it's
simple.

-Kastus