SFTP: What is it and how is it used?
  • From: wilson@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jonathan Wilson)
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:29:42 -0500
I keep hearing about SFTP, can someone give me a brief explination of what it takes to use it? At first I thought it was FPT with SSL, but after seeing http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=sftp&sektion=1 it seems now like it's something all on it's own.

Also, it seems like it's no included in the OpenSSH RPM, rpm -ql openssh reveals /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server but nothing in any */bin, and there's no client that I can see.

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator

Central Texas IT http://www.centraltexasit.com

  • No further messages