Re: [SLE] Intellimouse in 7.1
Hi Ei:

Here is what the mouse section of /etc/X11/XF86Config should look like.

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "mouse"
Identifier "Mouse[1]"
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
Option "InputFashion" "Mouse"
Option "Name" "WHEEL MOUSE (PS/2)"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Vendor" "MICROSOFT"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Buttons" "3"
EndSection

I had to enter the Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" and the
Option "Buttons" "3" by hand. The other enteries were generated
by Sax2. To get them, I clicked on Shutdown -> Console, which put me in run
Level 3. I then logged in a s root and ran sax2 -f. This detects the
hardware. Finally I ran emacs -nw /etc/X11/XF86Config to insert the two
missing lines Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Buttons" "3"

By hand. My Microsoft PS/2 Intellimouse works perfectly. Also add the line
imwheel -k & in your .xinitrc at the section:

#
# start some stuff
#

imwheel -k &