Re: [SLE] Win NT vs Linux

> On Saturday 03 March 2001 02:30, Steven T. Hatton wrote:

> > Michael,
> >
> > Well one advantage NT has over Linux is that you don't heve to make
> > a whole bunch of choices when compiling the kernel. I just went
> > through that little exercise and you'd think the darn thing was
> > intended to run of an IBM mainframe or something! Sheez, they've
> > even got support for the IBM RISC file systems. What the heck am I
> > supposed to do wtih that?

Actually it is intended to run a mainframe. Wasn't all the IBM /370 code
folded in during the 2.2.x kernel? A whole bunch of file systems. Just use
what you need. If you can't decide what you need use modules-))

http://linas.org/linux/i370.html

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux390/index.html
Nick

< Previous Next >