Re: [SLE] Looking for tips on installing KDE2 from source
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:26:59 -0800
My opinion is that KDE 2.1 Beta2 is the most stable of any relase so
far and I switched to KDE 2.X right around Beta 3 of KDE2. I am
using 2.1 Beta2 under 7.1 and it's damn nice.

/vent

I hate headhunters and U.S. businessmen. I talk to 10 headhunters
today and they all say " We want 2 years with "Redhat" "..I ask "
Have you ever used Linux " .. response .. " Umm..no " *growl*

/end vent

* Jerry Kreps (jerrykreps@xxxxxxxxxxx) [010213 18:19]:
=>The latest STABLE version is only 1.3 and
=>version 1.4 is for KDE 2.1, but KDE.ORG
=>list KDE2.01 as the latest stable version, which I
=>have already installed. So, without getting into
=>CVS trees and doing make commands it looks like
=>I will be waiting till the stable binary release.
=>
=>While I have compiled the kernel and many programs
=>in the past I prefer just using binary from an RPM package.
=>Life is too short.
--
Ben Rosenberg mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
-----