Re: [SLE] SuSE Inc. Lay offs?
On Wednesday 07 February 2001 15:28, Ben Rosenberg wrote:
> Yes. It is true. Very true. I wish everyone on this list good
> fortunes...and it has been interesting.

Why the rubbish below? Is this a B.Clinton syndrome? "I never had... I lied"

" Xenia Von Wedel of the Terpin Group, a California-based PR firm and press
contact for SuSE dismissed an unattributed story appearing on Linux Weekly
News today that her client had layed off an unspecified number of U.S.
employees as "just gossip, bad gossip" despite the LWN report and several
calls she'd already handled today on the stories.

<snip>

Von Wedel also said that despite a recent firing of a single employee, SuSE
has not, to her knowledge released anybody else, and that the company is in
the process of adding office space in its current location."

Quote from
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-02-07-003-20-NW-BZ-SS

What's the real dimension of the problem?

Alvaro Novo

SuSE 6.4 -=- Kernel 2.4.0 -=- KDE 2.1.0-Beta1-0
3:53pm up 9 days, 23 min, 6 users, load average: 0.05, 0.10, 0.09