RE: [SLE] losing mouse and keyboard
Jack

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner but I got tied up with other
things.

I was unfamiliar with your graphics card so I did some investigating at
the Diamond site. Your card is a legacy device and they no longer list any
tech. specs regarding it.
Based on the age of your card and the S3 chipsets which were in use at
the time it would be my opinion that your card is not supported with X 4.0
since the only S3 that are, are the Virge series. If you have the manual or
know the chipset which is actually used you can use this link to verify
which versions of X supports your card
http://www.xfree.org/4.0.1/Status27.html#27
If this is indeed true when you install you will need to do individual
package selection and ensure that only X3.3.6 is installed and none of the
X4.0.

Sorry to be the barer of what you might view as bad tidings.

Charles )-:

Forever never goes beyond tomorrow.