Re: [SLE] Browser war hots up!!
  • From: juergen.braukmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 15:21:20 +0100
Mike wrote:

> On Saturday 03 February 2001 13:12, you wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 11:35:30PM -0500, napi5 wrote:
> > > Oh also cliff,
> > >
> > > You're really that upset with SuSE 7.0? Do you think there're getting
> > > that carried away with the $ thing?
> >
> > Well, this discussion has emerged here before.
> > Yes I do. The personal/professional bullshit is nothing
> > other than a money spinner. Since 99% of the software
> > on the CD's is open-sourced, or at least on a free-for-personal
> > use license, they are not actually giving you anything at all
> > with the extra money, execpt the cost of a couple of extra
> > CD's, some written material, and an extra 30 days of worthless
> > support. Also they know that a lot of people will buy the
> > "professional" because they are worried they will be missing
> > something. It stinks.
> > As I said before SuSE is out Red-Hatting Redhat, with the difference
> > being you can make copies of Red Hat CD's, you cannot with SuSe's !.
>
> Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've made copies of all the install CD's from
> SuSE. Not a problem. It works every time. I've done this with 6.3, 6.4, and
> 7.0 most recently. Either you don't know how or you are trolling. I only do
> copies of the 1st 2 CD's as they are usually the most used here, and I prefer
> to keep the originals safe.

I do not think he was speaking technically, but legaly. tThere is some
propetary stuff on the CD's, and for that reason you might not make a
"legal" copy. As long as you do not care to much about that, it works as
well as with any CD that comes over for a visit.

Juergen

--
Juergen Braukmann juergen.braukmann@xxxxxx| -o)/ / (_)__ __ ____ __