RE: [SLE] Kyix - Delphi for Linux
  • From: Samy Elashmawy <samelash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 12:49:43 +0000
Yep , this looks to be a BIG kick in the behind to get devolopment on linux
to realy explode. Especialy form the free edition

http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-01-31-001-27-OP-CY-SW

This looks to be a revolution in the making. Think about it , A rock solid
OS al linux , and a real rad tool tons of third party add ins. Just the
fact the most add ins for delphi can be sucked into Kylix is very
appealing. Look at the share/freeware stuff thats there for delphi ,not to
mention the commercial add in components and libs.Want it on windows can do
with kylix.

Kylix will allow me to REALY move over to linux on a full scale ,as I can
write the bloody app quickly in it. I bet it will be a lot quicker and
faster than java , as its native compiled code on linux. Java need a lot of
memory , and jbuiler need quit a bit of hose power its self.

I do think its a real pisser that they have not made a native driver for
posgresql and that will make for a whole bunch of howling.